Toolbox:Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions tell you about the rights of the CalWEP and the obligations of users of this site.
By using this site:
- You acknowledge that the CalWEP reserves all rights to use for any purpose whatsoever, and without notice, any user-posted content or other contribution to the site.
- You warrant that you have obtained the requisite permission to post any content. You are legally responsible for your edits and contributions on the site, so for your own protection you should exercise caution and avoid contributing any content that may result in your criminal or civil liability under any applicable laws.
- You understand that some content and features are restricted to CalWEP Members in good standing. Some editing functions are restricted based on a user’s affiliation with the CalWEP; his or her history of making contributions to the website; his or her technical experience managing site features; or other relevant factors.
- You acknowledge that the CalWEP reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to provide or remove access and editing functionality to anyone at anytime for any reason.
- You acknowledge that certain activities, whether legal or illegal, may be harmful to other users and violate our rules, and some activities may also subject you to liability. The CalWEP reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine whether a user’s site activity is or may be harmful to others and to take appropriate action.
A non-exclusive list of some of the activities that the CalWEP prohibits includes:
Harassing and Abusing Others
- Engaging in harassment, threats, stalking, spamming, or vandalism; and
- Transmitting chain mail, junk mail, or spam to other users.
Violating the Privacy of Others
- Infringing the privacy rights of others under the laws of the United States of America or other applicable laws (which may include the laws where you live or where you view or edit content);
- Soliciting personally identifiable information for purposes of harassment, exploitation, violation of privacy, or any promotional or commercial purpose not explicitly approved by the CalWEP; and
- Soliciting personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 for an illegal purpose or violating any applicable law regarding the health or well-being of minors.
Engaging in False Statements, Impersonation, or Fraud
- Intentionally or knowingly posting content that constitutes libel or defamation;
- With the intent to deceive, posting content that is false or inaccurate;
- Attempting to impersonate another user or individual, misrepresenting your affiliation with any individual or entity, or using the username of another user with the intent to deceive; and
- Engaging in fraud.
- Infringing copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other proprietary rights under applicable law.
Misusing Our Services for Other Illegal Purposes
- Posting child pornography or any other content that violates applicable law concerning child pornography;
- Posting or trafficking in obscene material that is unlawful under applicable law; and
- Using the services in a manner that is inconsistent with applicable law.
Engaging in Disruptive and Illegal Misuse of Facilities
- Posting or distributing content that contains any viruses, malware, worms, Trojan horses, malicious code, or other device that could harm our technical infrastructure or system or that of our users;
- Engaging in automated uses of the site that are abusive or disruptive of the services and have not been approved by the CalWEP;
- Disrupting the services by placing an undue burden on a Project website or the networks or servers connected with a Project website;
- Disrupting the services by inundating any of the Project websites with communications or other traffic that suggests no serious intent to use the Project website for its stated purpose;
- Knowingly accessing, tampering with, or using any of our non-public areas in our computer systems without authorization; and
- Probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any of our technical systems or networks unless all the following conditions are met:
- such actions do not unduly abuse or disrupt our technical systems or networks;
- you do not undertake such actions with malicious or destructive intent.
- a statement on your user page,
- a statement on the talk page accompanying any paid contributions, or
- a statement in the edit summary accompanying any paid contributions.
Applicable law, or community and CalWEP policies and guidelines, such as those addressing conflicts of interest, may further limit paid contributions or require more detailed disclosure.